Droid Transfer for PC works alongside the Android app, Transfer Companion, enabling you to save your Android Messages to your PC as a PDF. The exported PDF contains the dates and times the messages were sent and received, as well as the images and emojis included in your Android text messages.
Here's how to save your Android phone text messages in a PDF format...
- Download and install Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Install the Transfer Companion app on your Android device.
- Connect to your Android Device using the steps shown in our Start Guide.
- Click 'Messages' in the features listed in Droid Transfer.
- Select the conversations you wish to save from the recipient list in Droid Transfer.
- Click 'Save PDF'.
- Select the location on your PC where you wish to save your messages.
- A copy of your selected messages will be saved in a PDF format to your PC.
Our Droid Transfer user guide provides full details detailed information on how to export text messages from your Android device to a PDF.
If your messages are not saving as a PDF, or a 0KB file is created when you export your messages, please see our troubleshooting article here.
If you previously used the Transfer Companion app version 2 to export your messages to a PDF, we provide info on how to download the previous version of Droid Transfer and Transfer Companion here.