If you attempt to launch TouchCopy, Droid Transfer or one of our other programs, but it fails to open, follow the steps in this guide to resolve the issue.
1. Check you're using the latest version of the software
We recommend that you first uninstall your current version of the program from your computer...
- On the left end of the taskbar, open the Start menu and search for Control Panel.
- Under Programs choose “Uninstall a Program” and uninstall the older version of the software from your PC.
Then download and reinstall the program from our website. The latest versions of all our products are available from our support site here https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/support/
2. Update your Microsoft .NET Framework
An app can also fail to launch if Windows is not using the latest version of the .NET framework, or if the .NET Framework got corrupted due to a Windows update or other change to the PC.
Please try downloading and installing the latest version of .NET by clicking on Download .NET 4.8 Runtime from Microsoft at the link below:
If this version is already installed, there will instead be an option to 'Repair' which you can choose to make sure nothing is wrong with your current installation. Please also restart your computer after updating the .NET framework.
3. Run software as Administrator
To ensure the program has the correct permissions to run on your computer, please run as administrator.
To do this, right click on the program's icon either on your desktop or in your programs folder. Click 'Properties' and then go to the 'Compatibility' tab. On here please choose to 'Run this program as an administrator'. Once done press 'Apply' and then 'OK'. Please then attempt to launch the program by double-clicking the icon.
- Open a new File Explorer window within Windows.
- In the address bar at the top, type '%APPDATA%' and click enter. Windows should take you to the 'AppData' folder. If it instead takes you to the 'Roaming' folder, please click 'AppData' in the address bar.
- From the 'AppData' folder, please then navigate to 'Local' > 'Wide_Angle_Software_Ltd'.
- In here there should be a folder beginning with 'DroidTransfer.exe_StrongName', or 'TouchCopy16.exe_StrongName', or the name of the software you're trying to install followed by _StrongName. Please delete this folder.
- Relaunch the software you're trying to open.
5. Allow the app through your firewall
If the app you are attempting to launch is being blocked by a firewall, it may not be able to open.
To resolve this, try adding the app in question as an allowed app through your firewall.
- Open your Start menu and start typing "Allow an app through Windows Firewall", select this option when it appears.
- Click "Change Settings" and enter your password if prompted.
- Scroll down the list of apps to the app that you are attempting to launch and ensure that all the boxes that you can tick next to the app name are ticked:
- Click OK to save the changes and close the window.
- Try launching the app again.