Accessing your Android files in Droid Transfer is usually as easy as opening the Files section in Droid Transfer.
However, you may receive an error loading files if Droid Transfer does not have permission to access the content on your Android device.
Follow these steps to ensure that Droid Transfer has permission to access Files on your connected Android phone:
Step 1: Update your software
1. Check that you are using the latest version of Droid Transfer on your PC by going to Options -> Updates from within the software. Or you can update Droid Transfer from here.
2. Check that you are running the latest version of Transfer Companion on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Check general app permissions on your Android device
This process may be slightly different depending on your Android device, however searching for the settings should help you find it.
- On the Android device, go to 'Settings' and then search for 'Install Unknown Apps'.
- Please then tap the option found and then select 'Transfer Companion' from the list.
- Once done, toggle 'Allow from this source'.
Alternatively, you may be able to locate the setting at this path:
Settings -> Apps -> Transfer Companion -> enable "unknown app install"
Step 3: Grant app permissions for Transfer Companion on your Android device
- Open the main Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap 'Apps' or 'Application Manager' (depending on your device, this may look different).
- Tap 'Transfer Companion' within your list of apps.
- Tap Permissions, then ensure that the relevant permissions are enabled if they are not already.
Once these steps are complete, please launch Droid transfer, connect your Android device and try accessing the Files section again.