If you are having trouble installing Droid Transfer, TouchCopy or any of our programs - this guide will provide troubleshooting steps for both Windows and Mac.
On a Windows PC
1. Update your Microsoft .NET Framework
An app can fail to install if Windows is not using the latest version of the .NET framework, or if the .NET Framework got corrupted due to a Windows update or other change to the PC.
Please try downloading and installing the latest version of .NET by clicking on Download .NET 4.8 Runtime from Microsoft at the link below:
2. Download Microsoft Troubleshooter
Please try running the free Microsoft FixIt tool linked below. This free tool provided by Microsoft fixes most issues that prevent software from uninstalling within Windows and has been known to resolve this issue previously.
3. Alternatively, you can choose to download our apps from the Microsoft Store as below...
On a Mac
1. Allow Installation of apps from identified developers
It may be the case that your Mac is not allowing the installation of apps that are not from the App Store. All our Mac downloads available our website have been notarized by Apple.
In order to allow apps from identified developers like Wide Angle Software to be installed:
- Click the Apple Icon, then open System Preferences in the top-left corner of your Mac's menu bar.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Select to General tab, you'll need to click the lock to allow you to make changes to these options.
- Under Allow apps download from, Select App Store and identified developers.
Now, once you download your program from us, you will be greeted by a popup asking you to confirm whether you would like to open the app. Opening the app will complete the installation.
2. Alternatively, you can choose to download our apps from the Mac app store as below...