Connect your PC and your device to the same WiFi Network:
In order for you to connect your device to Droid Transfer over WiFi, you will need to have your PC and your Android device connected to the same WiFi network. It is important that both your PC and your device are connected to the same WiFi network, as devices connected to different WiFi networks will not be able to communicate with each other. Once you’ve connected your devices to the same WiFi network, you’re ready to begin using Droid Transfer!
- Download and install Droid Transfer on your Windows PC from our website.
- Download and install the FREE Transfer Companion app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Once installed, launch Droid Transfer by double-clicking the Droid Transfer icon that is on your desktop. Once Droid Transfer has launched, you will be greeted to the Droid Transfer welcome screen. Here you will see a green patterned square. This is a QR code, and this will be used to connect your device to Droid Transfer.
- Launch the Transfer Companion app on your device. When the app opens, you will see an option labeled ‘Scan Droid Transfer QR Code’. Tap this to open the camera on your device.
- Scan the QR code on the Droid Transfer screen using your device. Your device should recognise the QR code and begin connecting your device to Droid Transfer.
And just like that you now have your device connected to Droid Transfer, and you’ll now be able to start transferring data from your Android device to your PC! That was easy, wasn’t it?
For the best and most stable connection while using Droid Transfer, please keep the Transfer Companion app open on your device at all times while using Droid Transfer for the best experience.
If you face issues connecting your device to Droid Transfer over WiFi, please read our support article on troubleshooting the WiFi connection between Droid Transfer and your device here.
Aren’t able to connect your device to Droid Transfer over WiFi? See here on how to connect your device to Droid Transfer using your USB cable.