TouchCopy performs a device backup in order to read your iPhone data such as Message, Contacts etc. If this backup fails, you may find that TouchCopy gets stuck on creating an iPhone backup stage, or you get a backup fail error.
Firstly, please make sure that there is enough space on your computer for the iPhone backup. You can delete the backups created by TouchCopy either automatically after existing the software or manually through Settings in TouchCopy. For details on how to manage and delete backups created by TouchCopy please check the product user guide here
Please also check out our support articles if you have the following issues...
- TouchCopy is stuck while creating a backup of my device.
- TouchCopy is not displaying my iPhone messages, Contacts, Calendars or Notes
If you're getting the backup fail error messages in TouchCopy listed below, please see our support article here.
- Backup process returned error 1
- "Could not find BU EXE Path Null" error
- Snapshot Relocator Returned False error
If this still fails for you - please contact our support team for further assistance - noting the error message reported in orange.