This article provides troubleshooting tips to fix problems when installing software on your PC or Mac. Whether the installation failed due to insufficient permissions, incorrect app settings, or your computer not meeting the minimum system requirements, this guide has solutions for both Windows and macOS.
Check the minimum system requirements for app installation
- Droid Transfer requirements
- TouchCopy requirements
- Tune Sweeper requirements
- Duplicate Sweeper requirements
- iBackup Extractor requirements
- Music Tag requirements
- Wide Angle PDF Converter requirements
- Contact Transfer requirements
Solving installation issues on a Windows PC
1. Check your App recommendation settings in Windows
Alternatively, you can change your computer settings to allow installation of apps downloaded from our website. To do so, select Start > Settings > Apps > Advanced app settings.
On Windows 11, next to Choose where to get apps, select Anywhere.
On Windows 10, under Installing apps, select Allow apps from anywhere.
3. Update your Microsoft .NET Framework
An app can fail to install if Windows is not using the latest version of the .NET framework, or if the .NET Framework got corrupted due to a Windows update or other change to the PC.
4. Download Microsoft Troubleshooter
Please try running the free Microsoft FixIt tool linked below. This free tool provided by Microsoft fixes most issues that prevent software from uninstalling within Windows and has been known to resolve this issue previously.
5. If you're on a Windows 10 or 11 computer, you can also choose to download our apps from the Microsoft Store as below...
- Droid Transfer (PC)
- TouchCopy (PC)
- Duplicate Sweeper (PC)
- iBackup Extractor (PC)
- Waveform Music Manager (PC)
Solving installation issues on a Mac
1. Allow Installation of apps from identified developers
It may be the case that your Mac is not allowing the installation of apps that are not from the App Store. All our Mac downloads available our website have been notarized by Apple.
In order to allow apps from identified developers like Wide Angle Software to be installed:
- Click the Apple Icon, then open System Preferences in the top-left corner of your Mac's menu bar.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Select to General tab, you'll need to click the lock to allow you to make changes to these options.
- Under Allow apps download from, Select App Store and identified developers.
Now, once you download your program from us, you will be greeted by a popup asking you to confirm whether you would like to open the app. Opening the app will complete the installation.
2. Alternatively, you can choose to download our apps from the Mac app store as below...