Our software must firstly be activated with your purchased activation code in order to unlock the full version. If you have forgotten your activation code, you can find it by using our activation code look-up.
If, after entering your activation code and creating a password, you receive an activation error, the activation will fail.
The first step to try when facing an activation error is to ensure that the software has the correct permissions. This step is only for people using Windows computers.
To do this please ensure that the software is not open on your computer. Right click on the software icon either on your desktop or in your programs folder. Click 'Properties' and then go to the 'Compatibility' tab. On here please choose to 'Run this program as an administrator'. Once done press 'Apply' and then 'OK'. Please then re-launch the software and try again.
If the issue persists: Different errors can occur for different reasons, and each will be identified with an error code. Here's what to do if you come across an error code when activating your software:
Error Code 1 : ERR_NO_CONNECTION
This error will show if the software cannot pass the activation details to the activation server.
1. To resolve this, please check that your computer is connected to the internet, and that your connection is stable.
2. If you have a stable connection, but you still receive error code 1, it could be that you have a firewall actively blocking the communication. Add the software to your list of programs allowed through your firewall, or temporarily disable the firewall until the activation has completed.
3. If the issue persists, please try manually entering your activation code, rather than copy/pasting it into the input field. Manually typing the code will ensure that no hidden formatting characters have been included into the code.
Error Code 3 : ERR_LOCKOUT
You'll see error code 3 if your licence is locked out.
A lockout will be put on a licence if: there have been a large number of activation attempts on the licence in a short period of time; the licence has been banned; the licence has been refunded.
In some cases, our support team can remove the lockout for you, allowing you to reactivate your software after the issue is resolved (maybe you needed to reset your password).
Please note, if you need to reinstall your operating system, it is recommended to deactivate TouchCopy from your current operating system. To do this within TouchCopy, go to 'Options' > 'Activation' > 'Deactivate'. This will free up the activation from that installation and can help avoid the licence being locked out for excessive activations.
Error Code 7 : ERR_INVALID_PASSWORD
Each time you activate or reactivate your software on a computer, you'll need to provide a password for the activation. This is a security measure to protect your licence.
Please ensure that your password meets the guidelines below:
1. Passwords must be fewer than 16 characters long.
2. Passwords are case-sensitive. This means that, if you need to re-enter a password, make sure that capital letters are placed in the correct places. For example, "Abc123" does not match "abc123"
3. Passwords should not include spaces.
If this is your first time activating the software, you'll need to enter your activation code. Then you'll be prompted to create a password. Create a password, following the guidelines above, then activate.
If you are reactivating your licence on the same computer, or are activating your licence on a second computer, the process is similar. Enter your activation code on the computer you wish to use your licence on. You'll then be prompted to enter the password created on your previous activation, say "Abc123". Then, to create a new password for this new activation, say "mY2ndComputer". This new password must follow the same guidelines, but cannot be a password which has been used before for your licence.
If you still have troubles activating your licence, please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what error code you are experiencing. We'll be able to help you get started with your software.